I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day this year as a mom. We had a great Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday, we all woke up and walked to breakfast. It was a beautiful day so after that we headed up to the mountains to play disc golf. That evening, Brent surprised me with a date. He arranged for our friends, Liz and Jeremy, to come babysit Ava. Brent and I went out to dinner in Golden (a little suburb of Denver right in the foothills). Unknown to us, there was car show happening in downtown Golden so that entertained us while we waited to be seated. After dinner we went to the top of Lookout Mountain and watched the sunset. It was a great date!
On Sunday, we went to church. Brent had another surprised planned. He arranged for our babysitter to come on a hike with us so Brent and I could trail run together while she hiked with Ava. Unfortunately, I was not feeling real well so we ended up canceling. But, we did get to watch the Mavs beat up on the Lakers so that was pretty great.
I felt so loved and blessed all weekend. I love being a mom and I am so thankful for my sweet baby girl and my amazing husband who is such a great partner and dad (but we will get to that next month). Brent and I are also so thankful for our mother's who have been such great examples and loved us so well!
| Ava's first round of disc golf |
| Mother's Day |
No comments:
Post a Comment