This year we took our annual Vander Galien family vacation to Galveston. We were there for a full week. Last year Brent was unable to come on the trip so it was great to have him there with us again. We had a really good trip. Lots of fun on the beach, relaxing, and good family time.
We stayed in this great house right on the beach. The best part of the house was it's huge porch. The kids, especially Josh and Ava, played out there for hours. We all took advantage of it to get some sun as well.
We rented kayaks for one day.
I would like to make a note here that EVERY TIME we go to the beach for the last ten years, I have asked to get kayaks so we can kayak in the ocean. So finally we get kayaks, but I am 8 months pregnant and not able to go in the ocean because it was so rough. I did get to go in a quiet alcove part of the ocean, but just not the same.
| Dad, Cole, and Brent out on the kayak |
| Dad, Cole, and Brent flipping the kayak. Cole thought it was awesome! |
Another day we rented some bicycle type things for a few hours and road up and down the seawall.
Then, of course, there was beach time!
We played a nightly game of baseball on the beach.
Thanks for a fun trip!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment